Cookies helfen uns dabei, unsere Leistung zu verbessern. Mit der Nutzung unserer Dienste, stimmst du unserer Nutzung von Cookies zu. Mehr erfahren.
Die Speisekarte ist möglicherweise nicht auf dem neuesten Stand Korrekturen einreichen
Potato gnocchi, imported san marzano tomatoes, mozzarella, parmigiano
Service: Professional, efficient
- What you would expect of a nice, sit-down restaurant
Ambiance: Candle lighting, Semi-casual
- Somewhat intimate, but not super fancy. You could go here dressed in anything from business causal to semi-formal.
- Their focaccia al rosmario bread is amazing and served with olive oil and basalmic. Served 4 pieces at a time so you may find yourself asking for more, which I do every time I go.
~Calamari is good, not the best I've had in Seattle.
~Gnocchi di patate con pomodoro e mozzarella
- One of my favorite Gnocchi dishes I've had in Seattle. Pretty big portion as well.
~ Linguine con salmone e polpa di granchio (Linguine, wild Oregon smoked salmon, fresh Dungeness crab and light cream)
- If you like smoked salmon, you'll love this. The flavor was a little too over powering for me, and a little salty - but still delicious.
Cost: Average cost for an Italian restaurant
About what you'd expect, does not break the budget and the food is worth the money. Definitely a place for poor college students like me who want to go out for a celebratory dinner or nice date night.
Uniqueness: Variety of good quality food, for an affordable price with choices from classic italian pastas to authentic Italian cuisine like Ossobuco. I'd say Mama is pretty unique in it's ability to hit all major categories of a good restaurant.
Not too bad, but not quite worthy of that 4th star..
+1 star for location, parking, decor/ambience (decent)
+1 star for friendly and good looking wait-staff
+1 star for food/drink (great wine selection)
I had the Cuore di Romana, which is basically a ceaser salad with romaine hearts, nice fresh shaved cheese, crunchy croutons and a delicate dressing.
For dinner the 'Gnocchi di patate con pomodoro e mozzarella', which had nice flavor, filling, could have been a bit easier on the sauce and a larger portion.. but I'll let it slide.
I tried the Tiramisu for dessert, and sampled anothers Panna Cotta with fresh fruits and a nice red wine reduction.. fantastic.
I've had better Italian food, and the experience itself isn't anything spectacular, but i'd be willing to come back for another try at some point. Noted: service could have been slightly faster/better.